Freedom Prosthetics is a provider and fabricator of prosthetic limbs and care in Cairns.
As the primary facility of Freedom prosthetics, we are well equipped to quickly and efficiently deal with whatever issues you may be facing. We’ve been operating in the Cairns region since 2016 as the life-long dream of local business man and amputee Neil Greening. Having lost his leg at 18 and experiencing prosthetic service delivery in Britain, New Zealand before eventually moving North Queensland in the late 1990’s. Since losing his leg Neil was convinced, he could provide a positive contribution to prosthetic services.
We have the lasts in 3D scanning, carving and printing services onsite to provide the most advances prosthetic devices available. We’re constantly searching for new materials and components to support our clients achieving the highest level of mobility possible.
Our Cairns clinic is registered with all available funding bodies including NDIS, QALS, Work cover, Job Access and all major health funds.
Products and Services:
- The latest technology in prosthetic carving with 3D scanning not previously available in Far North Queensland.
- Consulting physiotherapist and occupational therapist.
- Manufacture of all our custom devices on-site in Cairns with quick turn-around.
- Full range of prefabricated and customised orthotics systems available.
- Amputee support for any issues they may encounter.
- Integration of advanced technologies and equipment to support patients reaching their individual rehabilitation goals.
- We cater for all levels of amputation, utilising a broad range of techniques and technologies to help achieve client comfort and goals.
- Lower limb products including microprocessor knees and high energy storing feet.
- Upper limb prosthetics including myoelectric devices.
- Body-powered prosthetics and purely cosmetic prosthetics.
- After hours service, repairs and modifications.
- Design and manufacture of custom assistive technologies for adaptive athletes.
Freedom Prosthetics is a registered…
- NDIS registered prosthetic service provider
- Queensland artificial limb service (QALS) prosthetic provider
- Medicare, Department of Veterans Affairs Provider
- Private insurance cover provider
- WorkCover prosthetic provider