Prosthetics Cairns and Townsville
Prosthetics can be a big part of your life and your identity. So, it’s only right you choose a specialist to deliver the most comfortable, supportive and reliable prosthetics for your needs. Freedom Prosthetics is a provider and fabricator of prosthetic limbs and care with prosthetic clinics in Cairns and Townsville.
Products and Services:
- The latest technology in prosthetic carving with 3D scanning not previously available in Far North Queensland.
- Consulting physiotherapist and occupational therapist.
- Manufacture of all our custom devices on-site in Cairns with quick turn-around.
- Full range of prefabricated and customised orthotics systems available.
- Amputee support for any issues they may encounter.
- Integration of advanced technologies and equipment to support patients reaching their individual rehabilitation goals.
- We cater for all levels of amputation, utilising a broad range of techniques and technologies to help achieve client comfort and goals.
- Lower limb products including microprocessor knees and high energy storing feet.
- Upper limb prosthetics including myoelectric devices.
- Body-powered prosthetics and purely cosmetic prosthetics.
- After hours service, repairs and modifications.
- Design and manufacture of custom assistive technologies for adaptive athletes.
Freedom Prosthetics is a registered…
- NDIS registered prosthetic service provider
- Queensland artificial limb service (QALS) prosthetic provider
- Medicare, Department of Veterans Affairs Provider
- Private insurance cover provider
- WorkCover prosthetic provider
Benefits of investing in a prosthetic
There are many benefits to opting for a prosthetic, regardless of which body part you require a replacement for. If you’re unconvinced about the monumental difference investing in a prosthetic can make to your life, read on.
If the loss of a limb or body part is still recent, investing in a prosthetic could really help with the rehabilitation and recovery process. This is because it aids in a return to a new normality thanks to some of the following benefits.
Depending on the body part you replace with a prosthetic, you could be greatly improving your mobility. For example, leg or feet prosthetics allow you to move around more easily. All it takes is the readjustment to how the prosthetic feels with the rest of your body; in no time at all, it’ll feel completely natural!
One of the largest frustrations for many amputees is adjusting to a lack of independence regarding everyday tasks. This could be driving somewhere, picking things up, or just going about your day-to-day activities unaided. While a prosthetic isn’t a full replacement for what used to be, they’re the next closest thing you could have.